Updated: Jul 6
Hello beautiful humans! I'm thrilled to share that my friends at Project New Village in Southeastern San Diego are expanding their team! Please see the full position description below and feel free to contact me directly for the inside scoop! This is an incredible opportunity to lead a rapidly expanding fundraising operation and work with an awesome team of mission-driven visionaries.
This provides an opportunity for an outgoing, enthusiastic individual with great people skills, good networking experience with funding organizations and a demonstrated track-record of highly successful non-profit fund- raising to help make Project New Village (PNV) a sustainable organization. The ideal candidate will be a compelling public speaker and an excellent writer who can make exciting, convincing arguments for your causes briefly and succinctly. Candidates must demonstrate that you can achieve create strategic fundraising plans and execute to goal with a sense of urgency. We are looking for the Development Director to produce results quickly. Your resume and references must verify that you can do all of the things that a Development Director does. Including, but not limited to:
● Develop long range fundraising strategies
● Generate new revenue through regularly scheduled donor campaigns and stewardship plans
● Support the Managing Director and Board members in finding and cultivating major donors
● Develop corporate sponsorship programs
● Manage the donor database and monthly reporting (Salesforce)
● Write grant proposals,
● Develop and manage budgets
● Develop and maintain positive, joyful relationships with customers, foundations and grant
organizations and assist with public relations.
Bottom line: The Director of Development will be responsible for securing funding from a variety of sources to ensure the financial viability of this vibrant, non-profit organization. This is an excellent opportunity for a leader looking to make an impact in San Diego with a rapidly growing,
community-based organization. The position reports to the Managing Director and will work closely with PNV staff, contractors and Board members to achieve fundraising goals.
● Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant advanced degree (MBA, MPA, business, finance,
accounting or management preferred)
● At least five years of development/fundraising experience with a proven track record of
increasing donor bases in a non-profit organization
● Certification Fundraising Executive (CFRE) credential is a plus, but not a requirement